Funeral Home Tech (NOT AN OFFICE POSITION)
One position that encompasses two different kinds of jobs paid per hour with benefits and also paid per call
- Weekly mow, edge, weed and trim all of property
- Weed control includes removing existing weeds and prevention spraying.
- Keep trees and bushes neatly trimmed and off structures.
- Fertilize grass twice a year
- Adjust sprinklers seasonally and make sure they always function properly.
- Blowing and removing debris and foliage from walkways, driveways, and parking lots.
- Bury all urns and set all headstones.
- Oversee lowering device for Chief Tecopa burials and be present with help for lowering at such burials.
- Perform property maintenance such as fixing broken pipes, repairing damaged structures, replacing ac/swamp cooler filters, moving fences, and helping to finalize garden landscaping. \
- Changing light bulbs, replacing exit signs, and making sure they are in proper working order.
- Keep memorial garden free of debris and unauthorized objects daily.
- Installing signage/fencing/flagpole, etc. as directed by Management.
- Keeping outside of buildings clean and touching up paint etc. when need be.
- Meeting and opening premises for LVMT/NDN/NCSO or other authorized agencies, when need be, including after hours.
- Accepting and carrying deliveries where Management directs.
- Weekly janitorial of all buildings
- Coordinating annual fire extinguisher fills. Removing any hazards from the property.
- On call for Removals 5 days a week paid $35 per removal
Position is a full-time position Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00 with health insurance reimbursement of up to $150 per month and 401K available after 90-day probationary period and employee review are complete. 6-month review will also be scheduled.
Position will start at $12.00 an hour with pay raise eligible at 12-month review of employment.
After 12 months of employment, paid vacation of one week will be implemented, with two weeks available at 24 months of employment.
Requirements-Valid DL, Clean driving history, ability to pass lift test, simple computer skills, must be able to take direction, work with a partner and be self-motivating. Submit applications to Nye Community Coalition. Do not come to or call funeral home.
Office assistant/Removal Tech
This position is one job that encompasses two different areas. Full Time Hourly Monday-Friday 9:00-4:00 in office / As well as On Call paid $35 per removal
Assist Funeral Home Staff with:
- Phone calls
- Basic computer tasks/data entry
Removals-At least 5 shifts weekly:
Go to place of death with a partner in a company vehicle and return deceased to funeral home
- Customer Service Oriented
- Office Skills Proficient
- Able to pass lift test (150 pounds with partner)
- Able to take direction
- Must have your own vehicle to respond to removals within 20 minutes of being dispatched
- Must have your own, working mobile phone to receive removal dispatch
If you would like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your driving record. You will be called to schedule a lift test. Closing Date May 30, 2022
Telephone: (775) 727-1888
Fax: (775) 727-1881